Privacy Collection Notice
Energy Efficiency Assessment
Protecting your privacy is important to RACV. This Notice explains how we collect, handle, and safeguard your personal information when you book an energy efficiency assessment (Assessment). The RACV explains how RACV generally collects and handles personal information. You can find it at .
Purposes for which we collect your personal information: When you arrange an Assessment, we collect personal information including your name, email address, postcode, address of the property to be assessed, the number of occupants of your home, types of home appliances, and details of your water, gas, and electricity bills.
We collect personal information from you for the purposes of:
- booking and completing the Assessment
- generating and sending to you the Assessment report;
- communicating with you about your Assessment and services related to your Assessment, including communicating with you using any contact details provided by you, including by post, phone, email, and SMS;
- disclosing information (including personal information) to third parties for the purpose of arranging and completing the Assessment, such as the tradesperson who will attend your residential property to perform the Assessment;
- with your consent, using personal information collected in accordance with these terms and conditions to promote products and services to you, or obtain feedback from you for research and product improvement purposes; and
- retaining and using information collected under these terms and conditions or as otherwise permitted by law.
We may also use and collect non-personal aggregate information, such as statistical and other anonymous information (including location information) for research purposes to help us enhance and improve our services and to develop current and future services and functionality; and for other purposes related to our business.
If you do not provide us with the information we need, or if you provide us with incorrect or incomplete information, then we may not be able to prepare and send you a personalised Assessment report.
Disclosure of your personal information: We use a service provider, Val.Ai Pty Ltd, trading as Home Efficiency Australia, to prepare Assessment reports. Home Efficiency Australia owns the proprietary software that our tradespeople use to prepare the Assessment reports. When you book an Assessment, your personal information will be disclosed to the tradesperson allocated to attend your home to perform the Assessment, and they will use the Home Efficiency Australia software to prepare and generate your personalised Assessment report. The information provided to Home Efficiency Australia is limited to your property’s address, number of occupants in your home, types of home appliances, and details of your gas and electricity bills. We have taken steps to ensure acceptable security arrangements are in place to protect your information.
Your personal information may also be disclosed on a confidential basis to our related entities, including Royal Automobile Club of Victoria Limited (RACV), our tradespeople, and the agent of any of these, to perform and complete the Assessment. We may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, lawyers, advisers, auditors, and the agent of any of these, as may be necessary to manage our business activities and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Direct marketing: We may use your personal information to tell you about other products and services, discounts, special offers, competitions, and invitations to special events. If you do not wish to receive any marketing material from RACV, you can withdraw your consent by contacting us on 13 15 60 or by using the unsubscribe function if you have received marketing material electronically.
Got a question or complaint? Our has up-to-date information about how you can get access to, and ask us to correct, your personal information. It also explains how to lodge a complaint if you are not happy with how we have managed your personal information. You can find it at .